Potomac Pathways is a non-institutional atmosphere that incorporate meditation and outdoor adventure activities to treat adolescents and young adults with substance dependence. Client participate in individual and group therapy as well as school and court hearing advocacy.
Some of the typical intern responsibilities include:
- Facilitate group as well as group activities
- Ace as a peer mentor
- Assist writing clinical notes
- Starting dialectical behavior therapy for individuals with personality disorders
- Participate in individual and family therapy sessions
- Attend clinical staff meeting to discuss current clinical issues of the clients
- Work on progress notes
Accept a limited number of interns due to the small size of the program. Interested students should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org then follow-up with a phone call (301) 987-7284.
Potomac Pathways in not easily accessible by metro, but can be reached through public transportation. Please check out the website for additional information about the program and its location www.potomacpathways.org